Will I start each one of these being surprised at how fast the month has gone? Most probably, because I blinked and we’re nearly a quarter way into the year. WHAT! March has been quite an exciting month I believe, I’ve settled more into my job and it’s surprising how time flies when you spend 40 hours a week in an office.
Despite battling some homesickness, March has really been quite kind to me – 2019 overall has been a treat so far. Putting my month into words really helps to focus some attention on what is going well in my life. I think it’s so easy to be blind to all the good if we focus too much on the bad, but why should I be doing that when there’s more ups than downs?
We kicked the month off with my first pay day since December which was SO well needed (redundancy is always fun). I’m not centred around money, but the relief I felt when I saw that wage go in lifted a massive weight off of my shoulders. Most of that money has gone on my first load of rent and bills – which is fun! But my partner and I booked our first abroad beach holiday together to sunny Spain for my birthday and I cannot wait! Knowing that in a couple months I’ll be sipping cocktails and topping up my tan and not drowning at work is causing me enough excitement to last the rest of the year.
I’m really pleased with my blogging achievements this month. I have been nominated for some blogger awards by some of my fellow blogger friends and I am more than grateful. I was sent another product to review and received my first post payment! (Which you may have noticed, helped me pay for my beautiful new Pipdig theme). I took the leap and upgraded to a self-hosted blog as I really want to make something of my blog and see how far it can take me.
How about my 2019 goals?
- Adopting a more cruelty free lifestyle: I need to get better at this.
- Move out: Well and truly completed.
- Get my drivers license: Can someone please slap me round the face with an L plate to kick me into gear (no pun intended)
- Settle into a job: I feel like I’m settling well into my role. It’s undoubtedly difficult at times juggling work, socialising, housework, relaxing and blogging – but I’m doing my best
- Hit 1k on insta: My following has doubled the past few months which means I’m edging closer to my goal! You can find me here.
- Learn how to do boxer braids: Still not attemted, still not achieved.
- Say yes more and stop being scared: I’ve not had too many opportunities to put this into practice, but I’ve noticed I’m much stronger and determined in my actions nowadays which is a fresh change.
- Travel to a new country: Spain 2k19 here we come
- Gain regular blog traffic and make more friends within the community: My blog views are far from consistent, so I do need to put more effort into ensuring my daily views aren’t fluctuating so much. As for making friends, WOW I love everyone! It’s so nice to be part of such a supportive and friendly community. Having people to chat to in the evenings (aside from my partner) has made me feel so much less lonely than I did before.
- Do more for charity: I definitely could have done better with this throughout March. I’m going to find a way to ensure I give back.
Yesterday was Mother’s Day in the UK and my mum to arrived home from Miami, she’s been on a zumba cruise to Port Labadee and I wanna be that cool in my 50s! More exciting news is me and Lewis are currently sat with our first pet – Dusty the hamster! Welcome to the family lil guy.
I hope March has been a beautiful one, but if not, April is ready to accept you with open arms. Go get’ em tiger.
Until next time,