If we’ve met before, then hello! I am so glad you came back to my cosy corner of the internet. If you’re new, then hello to you too! I already appreciate you lots for even clicking on my blog. Emily Gabriella has had a bit of an upgrade recently. I’m now self-hosted and have a pretty new theme that I was really excited to share with you all. Over the past couple of months, I’ve had a little peak of new followers which made me realise, you probably have no clue who I am! I’m yet to properly introduce myself, despite having had this blog for nearly 6 months now. I want to start taking it seriously and really work hard this month to get it off the ground.
I personally love getting to know people on a more personal level, it adds so much more realism to their words and makes you realise you are in fact, connecting with a living, breathing, human being. So I wanted to re-introduce Emily Gabriella to you, let’s be friends!
Now for the basic introduction, my name is Emily (middle name Gabriella) and I’m a 19 year old full time office worker from the East of England. I have an inhumane amount of love for my dog and cheese, and love to make people laugh. I’m quite a fiery red head, I have a blanket of freckles on my face and a wild imagination.
Writing is one passion that has popped its head up at many different stages throughout my life so far. Since the day I can remember learning to write, I’ve loved getting creative with my writing; writing letters, poems and most importantly – stories. I remember typing away during the school summer holidays creating my own little world on 2007 Microsoft that I’d print and read to my family. If we were asked to write a story or an account of something at school, my brain would go into overdrive and hundreds of ideas would start swimming around my head. English was hands down my strongest point at school, which despite not enjoying the actual curriculum, my ability to write shone through in my grades.
Fast forward to where I am now, I still love writing. Not my emails at work or something I have to do, but writing something meaningful and enjoyable. Words that can resonate with people and get their own cogs ticking. That’s why I am so glad I stopped being scared and started this blog. I have a platform now to share what I have a passion for. And I’m going to grab it by the balls.
I am slowly creating my niche, but I primarily want to chat like I would to a friend. I will cover beauty, lifestyle, some travel where it’s doable, and chatty posts. Every Tuesday is a Chatty Tuesday here where I get more personal and then at least one or two times that week, I will aim to post about whatever else excites me.
I want this blog to be a safe and happy place, where we can chat and discuss different things, and reignite our passion for things we can often forget about. Without further ado, here are 5 things you may not know about me:
- I was determined to learn Korean – I visited South Korea in 2017 and whilst planning the trip, I fell in love with the language and culture, so wanted to pick the language up as best I could. I learnt how to read Hangul (but not really know what it meant), but I’m gutted I didn’t keep on top of it after I left school. I’m really proud of how well I navigated around Seoul as I could read the signs and menus!
- My least favourite food is spaghetti bolognese – Which I don’t quite understand as I love tomatoes and lasagne, but there we go.
- My current partner is my first ever relationship – We got together when I was 18 and I’m gonna be stuck to him like glue for the rest of my days. It amazes me how people my age have had a few relationships already, I guess I just wasn’t ready!
- I wanted to be a midwife – University never appealed to me that much and I don’t think I’ll ever go, but I did very nearly go at one point as I had my heart set on being a midwife. Hats off to anyone that works in the NHS- I think you’re amazing!
- I can burp like a trucker – I did say I’d keep it as open and honest here. It’s abnormal. I still shock my boyfriend and family to this day over the sheer velocity of them sometimes.
So there we have it, more of a re-introduction to the person behind Emily Gabriella. I’d love to get to know you more too – so if you have 3 or 10 things about yourself you’d like to share, the comment box is all yours! Thank you so much if you’ve read to this point, it’s been nice to have you here!
Until next time,