HOW are we here again, at another monthly review?! This year is absolutely flying by, which means the time has rolled around again to sum up how the previous month treated me. If this sort of post is new to you – I write reviews each month about how the month has gone and cross-check it against my overall goals for 2019. I think April showed the most progression for me so far. Things are falling into place, I’m less stressed, I’m wearing more smiles on my face and so I’m excited to share with you what I’ve been up to! Let’s get into it.
I blinked and April was over. It was a nice month with a beautiful bank holiday towards the end which meant Lewis (my boyfriend) and I could spend some nice time away visiting my family. My favourite day was when we took a late afternoon trip to the beach just my mum, her friend, Lewis and I. We grapped chips and watched the sunset before spending some pennies on the amusements (I won a squishy spider from the 2p machines, what a score). My mum and her friend are Zumba instructors so we made ourselves useful and filmed them performing a couple of routines in the sand. It’s all fun and games until I turn around and Lewis is holding 4 pairs of shoes, surrounded by the incoming tide.
Sunday April 21st 2019
So how about those goals I set out to achieve?
- Adopting a more cruelty-free lifestyle – This is definitely one I’m taking baby steps with, but I did buy 2 vegan skincare products from Superdrug that have worked like a dream. Keep your eyes peeled because I’d like to write a review for them!
- Move out. Complete
- Get my drivers licence – I’m back in the game!! Since my March review, I’ve started my lessons back again and am showing pretty good progress. I’m revising hard for my theory test, so once that’s out of the way I can book in for my test – eek!
- Settle into a job – I’ve had my reviews this month and my tracking for my KPIs and things are looking good! I’m in the office 40 hours a week and the work never slows down! But this means my days go super quick.
- Hit 1k on insta – The slow, but steady hike to the big 1000 is still going. Everyone knows Instagram is a rather pesky platform to grow a genuine following on, but progression is still progression!
- Learn how to do boxer braids – I promise I will dedicate an evening to this side of Youtube, but for now, messy buns run my life.
- Say yes more and stop being scared – There weren’t too many opportunities in April where I put this into practice, but at work we’ve been arranging a team go karting day and normally I’d cop out and make an excuse, but since moving out I’m getting myself stuck in more and stepping out of the stream of life I know so well.
- Travel to a new country – Halfway to paying the deposit for mine and Lewis’s trip to Spain for my birthday in June! I visited Spain when I was little, so I’m excited to go back – this year has been so hectic it’s going to be so well needed.
- Gain regular blog traffic and make more friends within the community – I feel like blogging is like making friends every day. I do struggle to maintain views unless I promote quite a lot, but my recent Chatty Tuesday seemed to go down quite well, which brought in tow with it some lovely comments. Thanks so much everyone!
- Do more for charity – I’m still donating my £2 a month to Wateraid, but hearing about the recent London marathon makes me want to take part so badly. Completing this marathon has been on my bucket list since I was little – and running it for a good cause would be so worth the while. London marathon 2020 maybe?
I hope May helps me to progress and I can gradually tick each of my goals off by the end of the year. I didn’t want to aim so high that I couldn’t achieve my goals, so I kept some of them relatively simple. Maintaining my goals is just as important as achieving them in the first place. As for our not-so-little hamster Dusty, he is a bundle of joy who LOVES his cuddles! Please take a moment for those adorable ears.
If you’ve read this far, thank you. Genuinely, thank you. I treat these posts as a form of public journal, so to have anyone read them is amazing! Let me know down below how April treated you and if you’re matching your 2019 goals.
Until next time,