Why hello! It’s AUGUST. We’re over halfway through 2019 and before you know it we’ll be carving pumpkins and fighting over who puts the baubles on the christmas tree. Reaching a new month means it’s time for a monthly review, and I’m sure no one cares that I missed June’s review, but here we are with a double wammy of June and July.
Up until Lewis and I flew to Spain for my 20th birthday back in June, not too much had gone down. Once back in Blighty I got to see Toy Story 4 with my mum, visit the gorgeous Belvoir Castle (found by accident, blog post coming soon) and spent some much needed time with my dog (I’d probs die for him). I’ve got a blog post in the making about our trip to Espanol, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
The drill is to pitch the month against my goals for the entire year, so here we go!
1. Adopt a more cruelty-free lifestyle. I wanted to aim this more towards the skincare products I use every day, and I’m quite pleased that I’ve managed to swap out the majority of my products into being at least cruelty-free or vegan too. You can read all about my renewed skincare routine here.
2. Move out. I’ve been moved out nearly 7 months now and it’s been an amazing growth experience and I know for sure I can live with Lewis! But I think we know the direction we’re headed in, but I’ll have to keep that hush for now.
3. Get my driver’s licence. I’m getting so close I can taste it. Driving has been a long term goal of mine for many years, and so I’m working hard in each lesson to master the basics so I hopefully pass first time. My test is booked so I have something to aim for. Eek!
4. Settle in a job. I’ve been in my current job for 6 months now and the whole situation of moving to a different city has been a whirlwind. I want to focus on my career now and what I want longterm. I won’t be here forever!
5. Hit 1k on insta. I hit 1000 a little while ago on Instagram and somehow managed to keep it! Instagram is such a strange platform and growth can be so hit and miss, so I’m tempted to have a little experiment with it and report my findings!
6. Learn how to braid my hair. I will eventually, I swear.
7. Say yes more and stop being scared. I’d say I happily achieved this one in July! I met with my first blogging friend in real life! I met the amazing Millie from MSB Life and we spent the day in London together having a shop around and having my first Pizza Express. A few years ago I probably would have backed out because of nerves, but this time I chanelled my nerves into excitement and had the best time!
8. Travel to a new country. Back in June, Lewis and I flew to Alcudia in Spain for my 20th birthday and it was such a gorgeous location! We’d both been to Spain before so it wasn’t new as such. BUT what is very exciting is we have booked our flights to go to Seoul in South Korea next year! After my trip a couple years ago I’ve always wanted to go back, and I’m so excited I have my best friend as my travel partner.
9. Gain regular blog traffic and make more friends in the community. I really don’t have a big circle of friends offline, so it’s nice that I have an online community to turn to. I’ve noticed that online friends often make more of an effort than people I’ve known for years. Blog traffic is only really good for me if I promote constantly after a new post, so I’m definitely keen to work on that. If you have any tips/posts on blog stat growth please let me know!
10. Do more for charity. I still do my small bits here and there for charity, but I do want to do more. There is nothing wrong with donating some money, but I’m going to be more proactive in what I do. I have some clothes and belongings to go through which I usually donate to a charity shop, but I’m keen to see what I can do for women’s charities with makeup I no longer need.
So there we have a roundup of how June and July went. I can’t believe 2 months have flown by since my last one. I did accidentally take a bit of a blogging break, I just wasn’t feeling motivated so I decided to wait until I had my spark back. I’ll never write for the sake of it. August is looking promising and I’m going to do my best to look after myself!
How did your June and July go? Did you get up to anything exciting? I’m spending the first August weekend with a segway riding experience and I can’t wait!
Until next time,